ra reading compressed files, faster with cat

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Dec 5 10:44:29 EST 2013

So when we decompress a file, we spawn a new process to do the
decompression, using popen(), and read the decompressed data
as a stream from the socket popen() provides.

I’m sure there are scheduling, blocking and buffering issues
with this method, but it is the easiest for the clients.
The next step for performance is to use the native library
routines.

Maybe for the next release ???

Carter