building argus-clients-3.0.7.1 on cygwin

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Oct 22 10:58:29 EDT 2012

Hey Graeme,
The cygwin support for 3.0.7.x is lacking, as I don't develop in that environment,
and so when I fix something I rarely check to see what it will do on the Windows side.
argus-clients-3.0.4 should be the best version for cygwin compatibility, as I recall
putting some real time into that to make it work.  3.0.6 was pushed out without
much cygwin testing, so 3.0.7 is as bad, or worse than 3.0.6.

If you can give me specifics, like Windows 7 or what ? Cygwin version ? then I can
take a look.  If someone likes this platform and would be willing to test new versions out,
that would be really helpful and I'll try to give them heads up on new stuff.

Carter