ratop hangs server

Zach Brown snowzach at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 09:47:09 EDT 2012

So it's definitely not using up all the memory on the machine but it does
appear that that queue length does get long enough that the delay may be
upsetting
argus. I actually did set up radium and argus but that still produced the
same result server side (Both radium and argus locked up and had to be
kill'ed -9)

If I aggregate to a /16 like you suggested it will continue to process okay
and my process queue hangs at about 12k. Without it, I captured stats just
before it died as you requested:

ProcessQueue 181320 DisplayQueue 181321 TotalRecords   223749  Rate   7866.3247
rps

ratop is still responsive. I can issue commands and exit.

Is there anything else you'd like me to try? I'm fine with the answer that
ratop can't keep up, I was just hoping we could keep it from crashing the
server.

Thanks!
Zach