ratop hangs server

Zach Brown snowzach at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 15:15:05 EDT 2012

Using:
argus-3.0.5.11
argus-clients-3.0.5.35

I have argus deployed as a virtual machine on an Endace 10G probe capturing data from a vdag interface.
I have the latest dag modules installed as well as the latest lib_pcap. It's capturing about 2Gbps of bidirectional traffic.

Everything seems to work great when I'm using the normal ra* tools except for the ratop command for an extended period. It works but appears to slow down quickly and seems to stop at some point and then from that point on, argus won't accept any new connections. There's no error in the logs or really any indicator of what the problem is.

if I start ratop (from another machine) and quit within 5-6 seconds I have no issues... If I leave it run longer than that, it eventually hangs (argus not ratop) and the only thing I can do is kill -9 argus to get it to stop.

Anything I can do to debug and provide more information?