multi-threaded clients

CS Lee geek00l at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:30:06 EDT 2012

hi Carter,

Those instrumental tools that we use to perform analysis such as rabin,
rahisto and rafilteraddr.

One thing I found it tough to retrieve primitive data from mysql blob data
in certain time range say if we are generating 10G of primitive data in
that particular time range, when performing analysis using rasql, we need
to load all of them into memory and run through it, that hogs the memory.

I can't remember where I read, I think something like what splunk is doing,
if they have 10G of data, they will split them and load 1G each and process
them piece by piece, so forever the memory consumption is 1G instead of
throwing 10G to the memory at once.

Cheers!

--
Best Regards,