new stable client releases and patches numbered 3.0.6.2 ?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jun 15 11:54:18 EDT 2012

Gentle people,
Fixes done for country code RIR file processing.  This has been rung out pretty
good, so I'm going to include it in with the next stable patch release, which I hope
will be out on Monday.

As many have asked that I not over-write versions, I'm going to start complying
with that, although I'd like to keep up with my old bad ways.  So argus will be going
out as argus-3.0.6.1 and the clients as argus-clients-3.0.6.2.

I'm hoping to announce the availability of new stable versions of argus and the
clients on Monday, and we'll distribute both tarfiles and patches.  The list will be:

   argus-3.0.6.1.tar.gz , patch-argus-3-0-6-1-diff
   argus-clients-3.0.6.2, patch-argus-clients-3-0-6-1-diff, patch-argus-clients-3-0-6-2-diff

All of these files are now on the dev server, and argus and clients can be found as:

   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-latest.tar.gz
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-latest.tar.gz

The current status of Bivio argus is that the clients patches fixed the issues with
back pressure getting argus on Bivio in trouble.  The fixes for argus, to solve
the problem is still in testing, and there maybe a need to release another argus
fix for Bivio, if there are problems, but I'd rather release than hold back, as its
been a few months and there are fixes for 3.0.6 that need to be published.

If there are any problems, comments, please holler !!!  I'm still learning about
all of this, and so good suggestions are always welcome !!!!!

Thanks for all the help and support !!!!!!

Carter