argus development on mac os x mountain lion

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jul 26 15:31:45 EDT 2012

Gentle people,
Just a few notes if you're running argus on Mac OS X and you decide to upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.
After the upgrade, my argus and radium running on my MacBook Air, just stopped working.  This was
because libwrap had disappeared, and the programs wouldn't start.  You will need to re-configure
and recompile to get working programs after the upgrade, because some libraries, like libwrap, will
not be available.  If that is important, you'll need to install it yourself, using MacDarwin's ports, as
an  example.

The compiler and many supporting libraries will be deleted when you upgrade, such as gcc, make,
configure, libwrap, etc…..  If you are familiar with Xcode, but haven't upgraded to 4.4, you will need
to install the "command line tools",  I did it using the new Downloads pane in the Xcode Preferences.
Install the command line tools and most of what you were using will return.

After the install, get into both the argus and clients root directories, and run:
   % make distclean
   % autoconf
   % ./configure
   % make
   % sudo make install

This is all you need to get it going again.  If you end up with any issues, don't hesitate
to send email to the list.

Hope all is most excellent,