argus bivio bug when writing files?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jul 26 12:58:03 EDT 2012

Gentle people,
We've got a bug report on Bivio, when argus is configured to write to a file.
When the file is moved, argus doesn't appear to do the right thing, sometimes
not recreating the file, or seeing zero length files.

I have found a condition where argus may close and open the output file
too often, but code inspection isn't revealing much.  I have a patch for the
errant closing and opening condition, and that will be in the next release.

Anyone else seeing problems when argus is configured to write to files,
and you move the files periodically?

Hope all is most excellent,