Minor bug in racluster -w -

elof2 at sentor.se elof2 at sentor.se
Tue Feb 14 07:43:03 EST 2012

Hi Carter!

A minor bug report:

If you run racluster, reading large amounts of data, and writing it to '-'
to pipe it to e.g. rasort, and rasort terminates before all data were
written, an error is logged.
This is wrong, imho.

Example:
racluster -m matrix/24 -r argus.log -w - | rasort -m bytes -N25

The -N25 will terminate rasort in the middle of racluster writing data to
it, and racluster say:

racluster[18122]: 12:51:53.233886 ArgusWriteNewLogfile(-, 0x5370b6c0)
fwrite error 0

I think you should supress this error-message if the output is set to
stdout ('-w -'). If logging to file ('-w argus.log'), the error message is
logged if there were errors.

/Elof

(the command above is just an example syntax, if I really wanted to get
the top-25 /24-networks I would use | rasort -m bytes | head -25. That
would both let racluster write all its data (no fwrite error) to rasort
and rasort would really sort on ALL the data, not just making a toplist of
the 25 first lines of input...)