argus-clients-3.0.7.4 on the server - Netflow -V9

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Dec 13 10:28:03 EST 2012

Hey John,
We extract the time from the netflow v9 flow records themselves, which can be minutes ( I've seen hours ) behind.  The router that generates the nfv9 records, provides the timestamps, so it must be sync'd somehow to real time.  Netflow doesn't deliver records timely, so there are situations where you could get a flow record from days earlier.

Racluster doesn't modify time, it choses the min and max times for each direction, from the records its aggregating, to report the time bounding values.

Your png doesn't look bad.  Looks like racluster() is sorting based on the key, saddr, daddr, so it all looks pretty ok ?

Carter