Best way to use ARGUS_OUTPUT_STREAM

Will Urbanski will.urbanski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:45:39 EDT 2012

Hello,

What is the best (preferred) method to use ARGUS_OUTPUT_STREAM in Argus? We have multiple remote argus installations that we would like to transmit argus flow-data to a central collector. It seems like this is feasible using the argus-udp option in -w on the remote argii, ie., argus -i eth1 -w argus-udp://my.central.collector.net:561. However when running an argus installation on my.central.collector.net w/ -B and -P561 it does not seem to collect the data. What would be the preferred way to "push" argus data from the sensors to a central location? it seems like the -S option is designed to "pull" information which we want to avoid.

Thanks in advance,

Will