country and city code with ralabel and GeoIP (argus-client-3.0.6.2)

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Aug 13 11:04:52 EDT 2012

Hey Harika,
The generic city related information is added to the flow record's label as an ascii metadata string,
so there aren't specific city, zip or state fields to print, at least not today.  To filter on the field contents,
you use the " -e <regex> " option to specify the field contents you're looking for.

We do have support for country codes, which can come from various databases, and support
for  AS numbers, which comes from the GEOIP library, right now (if you have the right databases
in place.  As a result, you should get values when you printout the sco, dco, sas, and das
independent of the extended city data.

What output are you getting when you print out these fields and the labels?

   ra -s sco dco sas das label:64

Carter