country and city code with ralabel and GeoIP (argus-client-3.0.6.2)

Harika Tandra htandra at gloriad.org
Mon Aug 13 10:50:41 EDT 2012

Hi Carter,

I am using argus-clients-3.0.6.2. I see that ralabel is not working with GeoIPCity database.
I am able to get AS information but not City related information. I am using the
following commands:

/usr/local/bin/ralabel -f /etc/ralabel.conf -S localhost -s sas das sco dco scity dcity

and

/usr/local/bin/ralabel -f /etc/ralabel.conf -S localhost -w - | /usr/local/bin/ra -s sco dco sas das

And my ralabel.conf file is :

RALABEL_GEOIP_ASN=yes
RALABEL_GEOIP_ASN_FILE="/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPASNum.dat"
RALABEL_GEOIP_CITY="saddr,daddr:cco,cco3,city,lat,lon"
RALABEL_GEOIP_CITY_FILE="/usr/local/share/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat"

Please let me know if I you are observing the same or maybe something wrong at my end.

Thanks,
Harika Tandra.

Harika Tandra
Research Associate (Software Engineer)