rabins and racluster.conf

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Mon Apr 23 14:46:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

Is rabins supposed to be able to work with a racluster.conf file?
The man page doesn't specifically say that it does, nor does rabins give
"-f" as a usage option when you ask for --help. However:

 - the man page does say that rabins incorporates functions of racluster,
 - experimentation shows that rabins does do *something* with an
   racluster.conf style file when '-f xx.conf' is used. It's just
   that the something that it does with it doesn't really match what
   I'd think it should do.
 - I do see some code in rabins referencing the flow model file, but
   I haven't tried to follow it very far.

If the answer is "yes" then I may have followup questions and examples,
probably produced by operator error. If "no," then never mind. :-)

Yours,
-mm-

BTW, the racluster.conf (racluster(5)) man page has some holes in it;
there are some paragraphs that just end mid-