building and installing observations

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue May 24 16:36:47 EDT 2011

Hey Rodney,
I have renamed argusbug in the clients distribution to argusclientsbug, and brought it up to date, and modified
all the Makefiles that are involved.  This will be in argus-clients-3.0.5.11 which I'll upload later today.

Well the linux startup script in ./support/Startup/argus is backwards, as it currently states that it needs
ARGUS_DAEMON=yes in /etc/arugs.conf.  The default is ARGUS_DAEMON=no.  I have modified
this startup script to assume the defaults.  Seems so complicated, should your script exit or should it hang?
Some systems don't want to exit, as it will restart the daemon for you, .....

This new version fixes a number of bugs, pipe exits, some error messages, etc...., and has the
beginning of the sflow, jflow, netflow support that is coming.

Carter