fixes for argus-clients-3.0.4 rapath()

Peter Volkov pva at gentoo.org
Sat Mar 19 06:46:42 EDT 2011

Hi Carter!

В Птн, 18/03/2011 в 11:56 -0400, Carter Bullard пишет:
> Argus-3.0.4 has been out for a week, and I already have a few fixes
> for clients, of course.  If you have an opinion on how we should
> provide these changes, whether patch files, or new sub-releases
> (argus-clients-3.0.4.1), I am open to whatever.

>From distribution point of view it's better to provide sub-releases.
This makes much easier to track updates. Also normally build system
"hardcodes" hash of source files (to be sure that user downloaded
correct sources), thus once you've update sources "upstream" we'll have
to check if this was unintentional corruption or what? And in any case
we'll have to update our package.

Or let me say this from a different end: providing updated sources is
the same as providing new release. Keeping old name just adds ambiguity
with no real benefits.

Thank you for your work!

--
Peter.