new development thread(s) on the server argus-3.0.5

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 18 12:09:06 EDT 2011

Gentle people,
I've uploaded a new development thread to the server today.
argus[-clients]-3.0.5.1 is now available for development.

These threads are argus[-clients]-3.0.4 but with changes, already !!!!!!

The server has a new feature that dumps packets that generate errors to a libpcap formatted file.
This is primarily designed to sotre packets that can't be classified into flow strategies, for whatever
reason (not enough snaplen, odd protocols, whatever), so that we can debug the problems.
I would turn this on if you are getting warnings in syslog as to key flow length problems, or
protocol parsing warnings.  A new argus.conf variable is provided to turn this on.
"ARGUS_PACKET_CAPTURE_ON_ERROR", and the provide example support/Config/argus.conf is
updated to reflect the new functionality.

The clients have the changes that I mentioned in earlier mail regarding rapath().
Please give these a run, if you are having problems.

Thanks for all the support !!!!!