argus-3.0.4 released

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 11 14:18:38 EST 2011

Gentle people,
argus-3.0.4 is now officially released.  This means that argus-3.0.3 is done, and that it is now considered
stable and releasable. As a reminder, even argus releases are stable releases, and odd releases are
developers releases that are in testing.

For developers, we are now working with argus-3.0.5, which I will upload next week.

This version will be focused on client program features and fixes.  Immediately on the list are:
   Fixes for time wildcarding on 32-bit machines
   Fixes for radium re-attaching to moderate numbers remote clients
   Extensions to field printing to specify formats - especially need for database schema's.
      This should allow us to do stuff like like:
          ra -s "this is the rate %32d",$rate
          rasqlinsert -s stime saddr%d daddr%d proto sport dport

   Netflow v9 reading.
   Possible netflow support in raconvert().
   New argus file formats for compression, encryption, indexing, archiving.

And we're going to make Mac OS X native Objective C clients available to open source.

While these aren't necessarily the most important things on everyone's list, its just the beginning
for argus-3.0.5.  Suggestions are more than welcome !!!!

Hope all is most excellent, and thanks for all the support !!!!!!!