flow tools tag support

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jun 29 18:58:49 EDT 2011

Gentle people,
argus-clients-3.0.5.16 has full flow-tools file reading support, using the flow-tools library.
Turn it on at configure time using:

   ./configure --with-libft=yes

this will work if you put the flow-tools distribution at the same level as the argus-client
distribution, or if you've installed it in its default directory.  This will do it if you put it some
where else:

   ./configure --with-libft=/path/to/somewhere/else

There were a few variables that don't port simply, and I'd like to get a feel for the
need for some of these variables.

Flow-tools supports tagging, where you can encode a src and dst 32-bit value pretty much any
way you like.  Are there a lot of users of tagging?  We can provide all the functionality
using labels, but being able to use existing flow-tools tags would be useful?

My goal is to improve argus such that it supports all the flow functions that were / are
useful, so I'm going through most of the defunct systems trying to find the pearls.
I think we already are doing pretty good, but don't want to miss anything.

Got a favorite feature you'd like to see in Argus?