Strange problem after upgrade from Fedora 13 to Fedora 14

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Wed Jun 15 13:59:24 EDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 08:34 AM, Mike Iglesias wrote:
> I have a system that is getting a monitor feed from our Cisco border router of
> all the traffic passing thru the border.  This system is running Argus v2
> (yes, I know I need to upgrade, I'm waiting for some new equipment to come
> online).  It was working fine running Fedora 13.
>
> I upgraded the system to Fedora 14, and now all the traffic appears to be
> reported as IPv6.  tcpdump gives this when I run it:

In staring at this more, it looks like there's 12 bytes of something other
than an IP header on the packet.  I think there should be a vlan header on the
IP packet.

The system in question is a Dell system with Broadcom ethernet interfaces
using the tg3 driver.  I also have a HP system running Fedora 14 with Broadcom
ethernet interfaces using the bnx2 driver that works ok monitoring another feed.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Office of Information Technology       FAX:         949-824-2270