multiple outputs from radium

Jason Carr jcarr at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 14 14:48:48 EST 2011

Hi Carter,

Looks like upgrading didn't help...  here's the details:

- writing to /data/argus/var/core
- every 5 minutes move file to /data/argus/var/core.yyyy.mm.dd.hh.mm
- file is processed, compressed and the original deleted, moved to another location
- starts writing to /data/argus/var/core

This works just fine unless a client is connected to :561 on the machine.  Then it never starts writing to /data/argus/var/core.  It also doesn't increase the byte count in lsof of the deleted file.

Here's the lsof output:

radium     8417        root    5w      REG              254,1 133472416 2148461937 /data/argus/var/core.2011.01.14.14.25 (deleted)

- Jason