rasqlinsert Feature Request

Leif Tishendorf ltishend at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:47:11 EDT 2011

Hey Carter,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a command line switch to
select the type of mysql engine to use for the table creation?  Default
to MYISAM, but have the ability to explicitly call the DB engine.

This would be nice for a couple of reasons:

1) Currently rasqlinsert uses TYPE which is not supported in 5.5 and later.

2) We would like to use mysql clustering since we have a huge volume of
daily flows, and the only change required is that you feed the table
creation string an ENGINE=ndb.

We could write our own ra wrapper but thought others might find the
flexibility useful as well.

Thanks,

--Leif