Radium not writing netflow records to file

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Wed Apr 20 12:33:23 EDT 2011

On 04/19/2011 04:38 PM, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Radium's v6 support has been tested all that much as most of the netflow has been v5.
> Does it look like we're missing some, a few, most of the records?

Judging by the difference in file sizes between flow-tools and argus, I'd say
quite a bit is missing.

> You can run "ra -r cisco-udp://address:port" and see if that is getting what you expect?

It appears that the records are missing using ra as well.

> If you can provide some flow-tools files with v6 data, I can test to see what maybe happening with any of the tools.

Let me know how to get the file to you.  It's about 30mb (5 min of flows).

Switching to Netflow v5 would not be a problem - we just picked v6 because
Argus supported it as did the routers.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Office of Information Technology       FAX:         949-824-2270