Radium not writing netflow records to file

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Tue Apr 19 18:46:24 EDT 2011

I'm using radium to capture netflow v6 records from several routers on our
campus (all the routers are sending to the argus system port 9996).  Radium
appears to not write all the netflow records it is getting to disk, at least
from what I can see.  I'm running this on a x86_64 Fedora 14 system.

If I run the flow-tools "flow-capture" program, it writes a lot more records
than radium does.  While either program is running, I ssh from my system to
another system on campus (which traverses at least one of the routers
generating the netflow data), and see the flow records in the flow-capture
data but not in the radium data.

The only thing that has been changed from the default radium configuration is
the RADIUM_OUTPUT_FILE parameter.  I'm running radium like this:  radium -C
9996.  I'm using argus-clients 3.0.5.6.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Office of Information Technology       FAX:         949-824-2270