Radium and output files

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Apr 12 17:07:55 EDT 2011

Well that is interesting.  I can't see how we could write to two file descriptors
for the same file entry, so this is a head scratcher.  I've tested this on several
architectures today, and can't get it to do anything extra ordinary, so must be
a good bug.  You aren't using the 'e' option by any chance, to write exception
records (records that failed the filter) into a separate file?

I would suggest a few things.  One is to "mv" the argus.out file, and not delete it.
To see if that creates 3 files open by this radium, or if this closes all the other files.
The other would be to attach to the running radium, with gdb, and break in
ArgusOutputProcess to see what it thinks is in the output->ArgusOutputList.

One of the unique things about netflow records, is that the timestamps can
be waaaaay in the past.  We use the timestamps to set some internal clocks,
and that may be screwing up our decision to close.  I'll have to think about that.

Carter