looking for scanners and other "bad" activity

carter at qosient.com carter at qosient.com
Thu Sep 9 15:16:19 EDT 2010

Hey Mark,
Take a look at the rahosts() perk script.  It will report on the number of hosts, hosts attempt to access.  It is the simplest of tools to report simle scanning behavior.

radark() is also a good script for dealing with scan detection, but it is trying to discover scanning at a very low level of activity, which are below the thresholds you mention.  Maybe overkill.

Give these a try and send email if they were helpful at all, and if they sucked for what you want to do.