rasqlinsert data sometimes show negatives values with the flow duration field

Javier Almillategui jalmilla at gmu.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:00:55 EDT 2010

Hi Carter,

here is the description of one of my tables:

+-------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type                  | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| stime | double(18,6) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| srcid | varchar(64)           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| flgs  | varchar(32)           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| seq   | int(10) unsigned      | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| ltime | double(18,6) unsigned | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| dur   | double(18,6)          | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| proto | varchar(16)           | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| saddr | varchar(64)           | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| sport | varchar(10)           | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| dir   | varchar(3)            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| daddr | varchar(64)           | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| dport | varchar(10)           | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| pkts  | bigint(20)            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| bytes | bigint(20)            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| state | varchar(32)           | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| loss  | int(11)               | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
16 rows in set (0.05 sec)

I'm running version mysql server version: 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.6 (Ubuntu)

and here is the query to verify the output of the correctness of the data:

select m.dur, m.ltime-m.stime, m.ltime, m.stime from anondb.<RaTableX> m where dur < 0

I have attached the results as csv files

It looks to me that there is bad values in my argus data.

best,

Javier