rasqlinsert data sometimes show negatives values with the flow duration field

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 13 16:42:39 EDT 2010

Hey Javier,
Check the description of the schema that is created.  Here is an example
of one of my tables;

% mysql
mysql> desc inode;
+--------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field  | Type                  | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+--------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| ltime  | double(18,6) unsigned | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| dur    | double(18,6)          | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| srcid  | varchar(64)           | NO   | PRI |         |       |
| mean   | double                | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| inode  | varchar(64)           | NO   | PRI |         |       |
| sttl   | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| pkts   | bigint(20)            | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| record | blob                  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
8 rows in set (0.04 sec)

The dur is a signed double, which is pretty big.  Can't imagine that your dur is rolling over.
The dur is a calculated value (ltime - stime).  What is the stime and ltime when
you see the dur go negative?

Carter