ARGUS_GENERATE_RESPONSE_TIME_DATA

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Oct 13 14:19:18 EDT 2010

Hey Wolfgang,
There is a slot in the TCP_PERF DSR for continuous tcp round trip time updates,
but the method that we would use to calculate RTT is not obvious.  While things
like tcp timestamps are used by some, these numbers are so imprecise that
my experience with the values has been pretty useless.

There aren't any "volleys" that provide the same type of metric that the syn-synack-ack
provides.  If we can come up with a reasonable metric, I'll add it.

Carter