Ubuntu Argus 3.0.2 install

Gilles Chauvin gilles.chauvin at univ-rouen.fr
Fri May 21 03:15:49 EDT 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010 08:38:19 Blake Mattern wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Yes my first thought was the libpcap files. I
> installed libpcap0.8 and libpcap0.8-dev, unfortunately it had no effect on
> the error.

Hi,

We had the exact same issue (using Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64). The solution was to
compile (in /usr/local) the latest libpcap (v1.1.1) before building argus.

If you still have issues after that, just temporarily uninstall ubuntu's
libpcap packages, then compile argus and reinstall the previously removed
package(s).

Regards,
Gilles.
Gilles CHAUVIN
Pôle Système
Direction des Systèmes d'information & de l'Informatique
Université de Rouen
Services Centraux
1, rue Thomas Becket
76821 MONT-SAINT-AIGNAN CEDEX