argus and flow-tools

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Jul 8 04:39:28 EDT 2010

Hello,
on my site I want to use Argus for net monitoring porpouses.
Since my uplink is 10Gbps, I need to use Netflow to collect data and I'd
like to use argus client tools for analysis.
So here is my question.
What is the best way to collect raw Netflow data files for later analysis ?
Can argus collect and save argus data files from a Netflow source
(running as argus daemon), or do I need to use
flow-tools like flow-capture to first capture Netflow data and then use
the ra* program for analysis ?

Otherwise can I read Netflow data directly from ra* clients and convert
them and write them to disc into the argus file format ?

thanks

Rick