Getting the data I want

carter at qosient.com carter at qosient.com
Wed Aug 18 21:14:31 EDT 2010

Hey Paul,
In order to get totals per host for the entire day, you will need to aggregate the data using the tool racluster().

There are two ways to do host totals, one preserves the notion of source and destination, the other does not.

To keep the notion of direction:

   racluster -R dir -m saddr daddr -w - - net 1.1.1.0/24 and net 2.2.2.0/24 | rasort -m bytes saddr daddr -s stime bytes saddr daddr

To ignore direction, you use the matrix option to racluster():

   racluster -R dir -m matrix -w - - net 1.1.1.0/24 and net 2.2.2.0/24 | rasort -m bytes saddr daddr -s stime bytes saddr daddr

Give both a try and if you have problems, send email.