ArgusEstablishListen: bind() error

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Apr 26 14:26:16 EDT 2010

Hey Mike,
When you run independent images of argus on multiple interfaces, you need each
of them to have
   1. unique ARGUS_MONITOR_IDs,
   2. open different ARGUS_INTERFACEs,
   3. put listens down on different ARGUS_ACCESS_PORTs.

(this will change in argus-3.0.4, where you can specify all of this on one line in the
conf, but we're a few months away on that).

You can do all of this on the command line, or you can use separate argus.conf
files for each image of argus.  I like using separate argus.conf files, as that
reminds me of the the 3 key variables to set.  Define your argus.conf files, and
run argus with the -F option so it will pick up the right one.

   argus -F /etc/argus.1.conf
   argus -F /etc/argus.2.conf
      etc......

where argus.1.conf specifies different values for the 3 variables above.

Lets say your going to configure 6 argi.  Set the ARGUS_MONITOR_IDs to the
IP addresses assigned to each port (that is a useful strategy), ARGUS_INTERFACE
should be the interface of interest, and the ARGUS_ACCESS_PORTs need to be 6
different ports, lets use 12340-12345.

radium() will connect to all the ports you put listens down on using
the RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER, variables.  In my /etc/radium.conf file,
I would have

RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12340
RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12341
RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12342
RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12343
RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12344
RADIUM_ARGUS_SERVER=argus://localhost:12345

If this doesn't help, please do send more email!!!!

Carter