hardware for argus with 10GB link

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Sat Apr 24 15:35:11 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 05:43:15AM +0200, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
> If we consider 10GbE packet captures cards with FPGA, there are :

<valuable list snipped>

	Thanks! I've been poking around at the 1 gig FPGA market (which I have
some hope of affording as a toy :-)) but haven't looked at 10 gigs so this
is a very valuable list. The tricky part is likely to be drivers the Endace
(at around $36K US a couple of years ago) comes with zero copy Linux drivers,
but they aren't magic, the pf-ring code could be ported if one of the cheaper
boards has the necessary capacity. Testing it of course will be exciting :-).

Peter Van Epp