hardware for argus with 10GB link

Guillaume FORTAINE gfortaine at live.com
Fri Apr 23 23:43:15 EDT 2010

If we consider 10GbE packet captures cards with FPGA, there are :

-3 OEMS (with Fixed Firmware)

a) NTT Advanced Technology PRESTA 10G (FPGA : Altera Stratix II,
Firmware : Fixed, price : 3000 USD)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.internet2.edu/presentations/jt2010feb/20100201-sebayashi.pdf

a) Napatech NT20E (OEM, FPGA : Xilinx Virtex-4, Firmware : Fixed,
price : 10 000 USD)

http://www.napatech.com/products/capture_adapters/2x10g_pcie_nt20e.html

b) Endace DAG 9.2X2 (OEM, FPGA : ?, Firmware : Fixed, price : ?)

http://www.endace.com/dag-9.2x2-packet-capture-card.html

-3 ODMs (with Programmable Firmware)

a) INVEA-TECH COMBO (FPGA : Virtex-5, Firmware : Programmable/NetCOPE,
price : 18995 USD)

http://www.invea-tech.com/fpga-solutions/fpga-solutions-overview

b) Algo-Logic NetFPGA 10G  (FPGA : Virtex-5, Firmware :
Programmable/NetFPGA, price : 7995 USD)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://algo-logic.com/pdfs/NetFPGA10g_BlockDiagram.pdf

c) CESNET MTPP10-V5 (FPGA : Virtex-5, Firmware : Programmable / MTPP,
price : ?)

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.ces.net/project/qosip/hw/mtpp10-v5.pdf