argus 3D visualizations

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Sep 25 13:16:46 EDT 2009

Gentle people,
I upload a few new visualization links on the web site this week,
and in one of those new links there is mention of a real-time 3D
geospatial argus display system that is a native Mac OS X, Cocoa,
OpenGL application.  Here's the link:

    http://qosient.com/argus/network.geolocation.htm

This is a project that I've been working on for some time, and it's
time to transition some of the technology into the open source effort.

I'd like to get some feedback on this type of application, and whether
there is any interest in working on this type of project.  While the
current links show geolocation style applications, we also have
support in this tool for 2D and 3D strip charting, histograms etc....

I'd like to think of this as a starting point for exploring
interesting visualizations
with argus data.  As there are a lot of visualizations already out
there, like
those seen at secviz.org and http://flamingo.merit.edu/index.php that
are
very interesting, many of these don't consume argus data.  I'm hoping
that
this effort can bridge some of that gap, or fill a completely
different but
possibly more exciting niche.

Anybody interested?  I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions
on what would be useful and/or interesting.  This is a complex project
and
so I'd like to get some opinions before diving into pushing this out.

Thanks for all the support and interest!!!! I hope there are some that
will
find this cool!!