Argus Mysql - rasqlinsert suser duser

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sat Sep 12 10:17:02 EDT 2009

Hey CS Lee,
So, there is a set of mysql logs that may have the error in it.
I suspect that the error comes from some text pattern in the user
data buffer itself, like a comma or a quote in the buffer.
I'll have to look at the "escaping" code to see that it covers the
user data (I've never inserted the user data buffers into the database).

OK, so a few things to consider.   By inserting the records itself,
which is the default schema behavior,  you have a binary form of
every field available in the database, but MySQL supports a limited
set of operations on binary blob data.

By "exposing" fields in the MySQL schema, you can have MySQL
operate on it, like sorting, selecting based ranges, patterns etc, but
you don't really want to "expose"  all the fields.  The message here
is to expose only the fields that you want MySQL to do operations on.

And you let ra* programs do the operations on the other fields.

Carter