ra 3.0.0 client vs 2.0.6 Argus data - Bug?

Jesper Skou Jensen jesper.skou.jensen at uni-c.dk
Fri Jan 30 04:12:10 EST 2009

carter at qosient.com wrote:
> Hey Jesper,

Hi Carter,

Thank you for the quick answer.

> The data model in 3.0.0 is much different, and so the size of the file, etc, is not a good metric for comparison.
> I use racount() to compare if the basic contents are the same.

Ok, thanks for the info.

> The situation where you read a 2.0.6 file and generate 2.0.6_new looks to be the one that has big problems, as it looks like you are missing 90% ?

Yea, that's quite a big problem imo, and yea there is missing quite a
lot of data.

 > Is ra() vaulting?

Do you mean if it's crashing or writing any garbage or something like
that? No. Not that I know of. The output I posted was/is all it gives.

racount confirms what wc did, the _new logfile only contains a fraction
of the original log.

If I do eg:
ra -r argus_2.0.6.argus |tail

I do get the last entries in the log, so the read part appears to be
running ok. It must be the write that that goes wrong somehow?

--

   Jesper S. Jensen
UNI-C - Århus, Danmark