ArgusGenerateRecord: packet size type not defined

Michael Grinnell grinnell at american.edu
Mon Feb 2 13:39:44 EST 2009

Hi,

Periodically Argus dies on my test system with the error
"ArgusGenerateRecord: packet size type not defined."  The time between
these errors varies, sometimes it's only a minute or two after argus
starts, other times it can be > 15 minutes.  I've tried running a
simultaneous tcpdump, then running the resulting capture file through
argus, but I can't replicate the error.  I also don't see any glaring
errors in the capture file around the time it dies.  This happens with
argus 3.0.0 and with argus 3.0.1 beta2.  The system is running CentOS
5.2 and is listening on a dedicated interface (NC7782, bnx2 driver) to a
span port off of a Cisco switch.  I have also updated to the newest bnx2
drivers, but it still recurs.  I'm trying to scare up another NIC to try
as well.

Thoughts?

--
Michael Grinnell