gdb data for model....

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 30 23:12:22 EDT 2009

<snip>

> #ifdef ARGUS_SYSLOG at line 1805 won't be true and syslog won't get called as
> far as I can see and since I'm not seeing any syslog messages from argus so
> far, it either hasn't decided to log anything yet or this is true :-).  I'll
> comment this out and see what happens.
>
> Peter Van Epp

	Looks correct. changing that to a #define ARGUS_SYSLOG 1 (and moving
the undef to the bottom of the routine which probbaly isn't needed) makes
syslog work on my FreeBSD box. Argus syslogged the started and interface up
messages on boot which it hadn't been doing before (syslog.conf needed an
addition for daemon which isn't logged by default as well). We may want to
change (or at least arrange to allow a change during config) of the facility
to something other than daemon (such as one of the LOCALs). FreeBSD doesn't
seem to log much to daemon but SFU's Suns tend to fill daemon with all kinds
of messages bind being particularly verbose which could be a pain to deal
with.

Peter Van Epp