gdb data for model....

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 30 22:47:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:01:11AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Peter,
> Thanks for the reply!!!
> I've made quite a number of changes to try to solve this problem, but
> haven't heard a peep in a while, so I'd love to think that the problem
> is solved ;o)
>
> I do know better, so is anyone having problems with their argus
> stopping?
>
> Carter

	SFU is having problems of some kind (reported as missing flows although
I'm not yet sure exactly what that means, it may mean that DSCC is reporting
flows that argus is missing or that argus is stopping as Russell is seeing).
The poor fellow that inheirited most of my tasks when I retired is upgrading
to the latest beta code in between fire fighting so I may get some more info
from there later.
	I've put the latest beta code on a HP AMD machine with FreeBSD on my
ADSL link (the HP being quiet enough to leave on continuously :-)) at home and
I'll see what happens.
	As to syslog, would I be correct in assuming that "enabling syslog"
involves commenting out the

#undef ARGUS_SYSLOG

at line 1757 of common/argus_util.c? If you don't do that I believe syslog will
be disabled because the

#ifdef ARGUS_SYSLOG at line 1805 won't be true and syslog won't get called as
far as I can see and since I'm not seeing any syslog messages from argus so
far, it either hasn't decided to log anything yet or this is true :-).  I'll
comment this out and see what happens.

Peter Van Epp