Getting lots of stats from ra clients

Nick Diel nick at engineerity.com
Wed Apr 22 11:05:00 EDT 2009

I was able to produce what I wanted using tee and bash process
substitution.  Here is a snippet of what I used:

ra -r $1 -w - - $2 | tee \
>(racount -r - > all) \
>(racount -r - - $est > est) \
>(ra -r - -w - - $rst | tee \
    >(racount -r - > rst) \
    >(ra -r - -w - - $est | tee \
        >(racount -r - - $est > estrst) \
        >(racount -r - - $srcrst > estrsrcrst) \
        >(racount -r - - $dstdrst > estdstrst) \

Some of my filters where subset of other filters, so I nestled them under
other instances of tee to improve efficiency.  I had about ~20 instances of
racount running on 4 cores and worked quite well.

Nick