Argus/racluster fundamentals

Nick Diel ndiel at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Mar 21 16:04:14 EDT 2008

Hopefully Stew has or can test his data with the new client to see if
his loss problem is fixed.

I think my topic of loss may have been a little poorly worded.  I
understand the importance of loss, I was just trying to figure out why
Argus is calculating loss the way it is (more for my own curiosity).  I
have to keep in mind Argus has to handle sitting in numerous different
points in the network.  I am starting to understand some of the
situations it has to handle based on what you described, I worked out a
few examples with paper and pencil to help me understand it.

Also the DSR topic is really starting to click for me.  Another
question, are retransmitted packets counted towards bytes/packet/app
bytes count?

The more I learn about Argus, the more respect I have for it, also
realize more stuff I need to learn!  Every time I get an email from you
I open up a few of the source files, mainly argus_def.h and ArgusTcp.c.

Nick