-d option collision

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jul 8 17:34:57 EDT 2008

Hmmmmmmmm,
Before we made the "-d" a toggle switch (so you can run an argus in
the foreground
without having to modify the system /etc/argus.conf file, for debug
purposes),
having the "-d" in the startup script was innocuous.  But now, its
not, so .........

We should remove the "-d" from the argus Startup script that goes in /
etc/init.d.
Doesn't make any sense that we would assume that the "-d" option is
needed.
Here is a patch for the current distribution.

==== //depot/argus/argus/support/Startup/argus#4 - /home/carter/argus/
argus/support/Startup/argus ====
78c78
< 		argus -d > /dev/null 2>&1 && success || failure
---
 > 		argus > /dev/null 2>&1 && success || failure

I've made the change in argus-3.0.1.beta.1, which is up on the server
now,
with all the fixes from the list so far (including those to argus.spec
I hope).

Carter