question on argus listenning on 2 interfaces

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jan 10 12:35:22 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 08:42:32PM -0500, Lei Wei wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the help. I did try to use DAG card but I cound't get Argus
> working with DAG. I installed the dag-enabled libpcap0.9.8 but Argus
> just can't get any data from it. Do you have any experience with it? If
> so, could you give me some instructions on how to configure argus to
> recoginize dag card?
> many thanks~
>
> Lei

	I don't have enough volume to (so far) need DAG cards so I use standard
Intel gig cards (which is why I know about the timing issues :-)). From another
thread that came across the list this morning from someone at Endace it looks
like argus is doing a select that breaks the DAGs and Carter will try and fix
that.
	On the current argus-3.0 code the two conventional ethernet cards works
fine. I expect there is still the occasional error due to packet ordering
but it isn't noticable.