Argus with DAG card

Lei Wei lwei at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jan 5 15:37:26 EST 2008

Hello,

I have some trouble trying to get argus working with DAG card. I
installed a dag-enabled libpcap0.9.7 and argus-3.0.0. Argus works fine
with standard interface. But when I specified the DAG interface by the
command: argus -i dag0 -w output.out it just exited and did nothing.
Tcpdump seemed to work fine with the DAG.  tcpdump -i dag0 would show
packets info on the screen with no problem.

It seems to me that since DAG card is not standard interface, argus
doesn't recognize it but I don't know how to configure argus to accept
it. Could anyone give me some help on this?

Thank you.

Lei