Time Issue on OpenBSD 4.2 with rc.69 (Was: Re: Sparc64 OpenBSD4.1 Compile issue)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Feb 12 11:33:12 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 01:06:15AM -0600, Eric Pancer wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 18:41:48 -0800, Peter Van Epp proclaimed...
>
> > 	I upgraded the machine at home to OpenBSD 4.2 as well and it can read
> > the output from the 4.2 machine at work (both Intel 32 bit) just fine, so I
> > haven't been able to replicate Eric's problem. Eric are your Intel machines
> > 64 bit as well or 32 bit? I'll see what I can do with Solaris on 64 bit
> > tomorrow if I get time.
>
> I guess I should have made that clear; 32-bit across the board.
>
> > 	Looks like OpenBSD is the same as FreeBSD, the configure fails and
> > trys to make depend. Looks like it doesn't like the phoney: construct either.
>
> I was seeing some problems with `make', but re-trying it after failure just
> magically made things work.
>
> *shrugs*
>
> --
> ``...don't you know, black is this years pink.''

	Which OpenBSD version are you using? I'm using release, are you perhaps
on stable or current (he says trying to figure out where the difference is :-)?
	The latest code builds clean on both OpenBSD and FreeBSD (Solaris 9
is unhappy though during configure with .debug and .devel :-):

gcc: char: No such file or directory
gcc: short: No such file or directory
gcc: int: No such file or directory
gcc: long: No such file or directory