Time Issue on OpenBSD 4.2 with rc.69 (Was: Re: Sparc64 OpenBSD4.1 Compile issue)

Eric Pancer epancer at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 12:11:26 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 9:58 AM, Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com> wrote:
> OK, so I think we have a fundamental testing issue.  You should
> not be in ArgusNtoH if we're testing on the sparc64 machine.  I
> think testing anywhere else is not going to be fruitful.  So lets
> move to the sparc64 and see what its doing!!!

Well, the clients aren't giving good time no matter where they're run.

i386 clients to sparc64 server
sparc64 clients to i386 server
i386 clients to i386 server
sparc64 clients to sparc64 server

> OK, assuming that you only get the problem when it is a sparc64
> argus(), you should be doing all of these tests on the sparc64
> machine.   Can you rerun the last test on the sparc64?

Yes I can; give me a few hours.

- Eric

p.s. I think Peter just replied and his reply looks just about correct
on the issue.