ARGUS Startup Script

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Apr 30 15:06:27 EDT 2008

Gentle people,
The startup script must have the "-d" option set on the command line.

This option is a toggle, if you have ARGUS_DAEMON set in the conf
file, and you add the "-d" to the command line, we turn the daemon mode
off.  This is so you can change the behavior without having to change
the configuration file, say when you want to debug using gdb, or you
want to see the error messages printed to stdout.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!!!

I'll have to update the documentation for this.

CEO/President
QoSient, LLC
150 E. 57th Street Suite 12D
New York, New York 10022