ARGUS Startup Script

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 30 14:10:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:41:54PM -0400, Mark Bartlett wrote:
> I tried commenting out the ARGUS_DAEMON=yes line and now it starts.. :^P
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Mark Bartlett <mabartle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Peter,
> >
> >  Got it set in the conf:
> >  ARGUS_DAEMON=yes
> >
> >  mab

	Now that seems odd and counter intuitive! Unfortunatly I haven't yet
finished reinstalling my Linux test boxes after a different test so I don't
currently have an argus3 linux system up to test with. I wonder if because
its starting from init we don't need the daemon mode. My 2.0.6 production
machine is using -d in startup though and that should be the same in a
config file as far as I know.

/usr/local/bin/argus_bpf -dJR -P 560 -i em0 -i em1

and I can try it on argus3 on my FreeBSD 7 test box and see what that does.